Insert text here.
Joe Wames- Senior Pastor
Bio- Pastor Joe Wames has been with Springfield Mennonite since 2013. He came on staff as the Youth Pastor on November 1, 2013. Joe officially became the Senior Pastor on September 14, 2015. He is a graduate of Liberty University with a B.S. in Religious Studies and is continuing his masters work through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. Joe is originally from Audubon, NJ. He moved to PA when he and his wife Janae got married. Joe and his wife Janae have been married since October 13, 2012. They have 1 son Jackson and currently live in Souderton.
Getting to Know You-
1. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? I'd say, Jesus, Abraham Lincoln, Billy Joel, and Batman (I know he's fictional, but I don't care!)
2. If you had a warning label, what would yours say? Warning, do not attempt to speak to me for at least 1 hour after waking up in the morning, even if it's after 8:00am!
3. What would you sing at Karaoke night? Carry On My Wayward Son- Kansas, Don't Stop Believing- Journey, or if all else fails Jingle Bells!
Bio- Chris and his family have been attending Springfield for about 10 years; Chris has served as a deacon for the 8 years. Chris and his wife Anita live in the Palisades school district and have four children, Danielle, Jason, Carli and Tim along with 2 dogs, Bella and Lilli (nickname “Crazy”) and Oreo the cat. Chris is a Business Analyst at Intel Corporation in Allentown.
Get to Know You-
1. What is your favorite family vacation? My favorite family vacation was probably our trip to Disney World a few years ago, although it's tough to rule out our annual beach vacation with friends.
2. What makes you laugh the most? A good comedy makes me laugh, movie or sitcom.
3. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? As much as I like football and basketball, more and more I have enjoyed watching international soccer.
Bio- I've attended SMC all my life. I became the Song Leader in 1973 and also have served as a Deacon since 1978. I met my wife, Kathy, in 1976 while working at a Youth For Christ camp in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and we were married the following year. We have 3 wonderful children... Joel & (Jess), Jennifer & (Collin), and Brenden, and have also been blessed with 3 beautiful grandchildren..... Aubrey, Jordan & Katelyn. I am currently the Parts manager for an area John Deere dealer.
1. What is your Favorite Family Vacation? Grand Teton National Park
2. If Money was no object, what would you do all day? Restore antique cars.
3. What's your favorite family tradition? Homemade Pizza on Fridays
Bio- I grew up in Ottsville Pa, and moved to Springtown PA, in 1989. I met Jody shortly thereafter and we were married in 1992. Jody and I began attending SMC that year where I have served on several committees. I have been a deacon for the past several years. We have one son Drew, who is currently attending Kutztown University. I am employed by Sealed Air Corporation and primarily work out of the Northeast Distribution Center, in Reading PA.
1. What is your biggest fear? I really hate spiders! Especially those big hairy tarantulas. My biggest fear would be waking up and finding one of them crawling on me.
2. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? A nice, crisp salad...No really, I'd have to say Pepperoni Pizza.
3. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Phillies Baseball.
Bio- Bill was born at home on the farm. While growing up, he played both the piano and the organ for SMC, and has also been teaching Sunday School since he was 22 years old. He has been a deacon at Springfield Mennonite for about 45 years. Bill has a passion for singing and has been a member of Zion Choral Society for 40 years and Summer Harmony for 21 years. Bill accepted Christ at Camp Men-o-lan. Growing up Bill was in Boy Scouts and held the rank of Eagle Scout. He worked for the same company for 47 years until his retirement. Bill has been married to his lovely wife Shirley for 60 years. They have 4 daughters, 14 grandchildren, and 21 great-grandchildren. Bill and Shirley love camping and annually go camping in June with their family. He particularly loves to talk to people they meet on their camping trips. Bill has been to all the lower 48 states as well as Alaska.
1. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Bowling
2. What is your favorite zoo animal? Lion
3. What is your favorite family tradition? Christmas Dinner